Moving Imagination Outdoors
Why a Play Campaign… and…Why Now?
Penn-Mont has been at its current location since 2001. What play equipment we have is old and outdated. Some of our equipment moved with us from the old Lakemont location. Our goal is to add new equipment and make the needed upgrades in an effort to provide students and families with equipment and surroundings that are safe, enjoyable and promote imaginative play.
We are very fortunate to have a beautiful mountaintop outdoor facility with a picturesque view that’s second to none. No doubt…nature at its very best! We’ve done a great job of adapting our outdoor facility for educational purposes, but we still need appropriate adaptation for play purposes!
New equipment and upgrades will help us meet the play needs at every level…Toddler, Preschool, and Elementary. Our beautiful and natural surroundings have led us to choose play equipment inspired by nature. This new equipment will:
- Promote physical activity; develop healthy minds and bodies
- Compliment our Montessori philosophy
- Inspire imaginative play in a natural setting
- Teach children to observe, respect, and preserve the world around them while at play
Be a Part of Our Campaign!
The Play Naturally! Moving Imagination Outdoors play campaign is underway. Overall, our campaign will require a considerable investment. Thanks to the generosity of our Phase 1 donors, we were able to raise $100,000 during the 2016-2017 school year to purchase and install several new pieces of play equipment last summer. To complete the campaign we must raise an additional $100,000. We can’t do it without your help! Can we count on your support? Contact the Development Office for information on making a pledge or gift to our campaign.
Levels of Giving
- Gift of Natural Play $10,000 +
- Gift of Imagination $5,000 – $9,999
- Gift of Exploration $2,500 – $4,999
- Gift of Discovery $1,000 – $2,499
- Gift of Adventure $100 – $999
Thank you to Phase 1 Donors
- Heather and Derek Jones in honor of Kendra
- The Hite Company in honor of Nathan, Mitchell, Scotty, Maggie & Thomas
- Diane and Sean McLanahan in honor of Madison, Lexi, Sam & Kenzi
- Allison and Mark Ritchey in honor of Meggie & Ellie
- Amy Seltzer in honor of Connor, Grant & Tenley
- Holly and Lou Sheetz in honor of Elliott, Hudson, Felix, Sawyer & Lila
- Meera Bajwa & Rakesh Chopra in honor of Leela & Nina
- Talar and George Jabbour in honor of Celine & Chloe
- Brent Ottaway in memory of Ellen M. Ottaway
- April and Steve Sherry in honor of Penn-Mont Teachers
- Karen and Kyle Fuhrman in honor of Nancy Gurman
- Changsoo Hahm and Hyun Joo Cho in honor of Noel
- The Horetsky Family in honor of the Horetsky children
- Jen and Justin Merry in honor of Paige & Brooke
- Fiona and Mark Pearson in honor of Heather, Lizzie & Robert
- Denise Stoneberg in honor of Traci Finn
- Katie and Tom Brouse in honor of Maggie & Thomas
- Kit and Colin Dangler in honor of Leo & Nora
- Kathleen Draskoczy in honor of Dr. Steven Draskoczy
- Sheela and Dave Kerstetter in honor of Arie & Isaac
- Andrea and Robby Okonak in honor of Connor, Grant & Tenley
- Sabrina and Corey Schutt in honor of Tyler & Mikayla
- Emily and Justin Mandel in honor of Felix & Lila
- Tiffany and Jordan Settle – in honor of Hayden & Logan
- Julie, David III, Paula, and David Binus in honor of Zoe & Rozalyn
- Rachel and Mark Gingrich in honor of Nina
- Nancy and Andrew Gurman in honor of Karen Fuhrman & Amy Gurman
- Rebecca and Ken Maguda in honor of Nicholas & Carolyn
- Daphne and David Ollman in honor of Eddie
- Joshua and Amanda Siglin in honor of Grace & Emma
- Christine and Andy Tyndall in memory of Barbara Tyndall
- Chantel Ventura-Garofalo in honor of Grace
Need More Info?
For more information about our school’s giving programs contact April Sherry, Director of Development, Penn-Mont Academy, at 814-696-8801 Ext 307.